Warehousing Sensitive products
Warehousing is more sophisticated than simply storing products. Organisations who deal in high value products such as pharmaceuticals or hygienic production such as food must archive products for batch checking in the event of a recall.
The environment they are stored in are a combination of:
- temperature controlled to maintain their pedigree
- low humidity if they are powders
- resistant to the build of static electric
It can be expensive yet with imaginative design it is possible to create an environment using existing M&E features that protects existing products and maintains the value of new ones.
Service Design Partnership has designed and developed multiple warehouse areas including:
- High bay with tightly controlled temperature profiles top to bottom
- Low temperature area (4 degress to 40 degrees)
- Rack systems
- Fully automatic picking