Investment in some pharmaceutical manufacturing is a financial risk. High volume, low value pharmaceutical products must still comply with the strict hygiene guidelines, but investment is expensive. Companies in this manufacturing landscape want certainty their investment will continue to be cost effective and deliver.
The Service Design Partnership team have worked closely with many medical manufacturing companies analysing the feasibility of their investments and advising on any potential costly pitfalls.
Our consulting engineers have recently advised on a new creams and ointments factory in the UK that will manufacture for worldwide distribution. While the products will have far reaching benefits they work on relatively low margins.
Service Design Partnership was tasked with checking that the new investment would:
- Deliver cost savings into the existing processes
- Offer lean production
- Remain clean so that manufacturing downtime is minimised
- Ensure that the manufacturing is continuous thanks to effective stand by systems
SDP was asked because:
- of our experience in working in the pharmaceutical sector
- our expertise in seeing where cost savings can be hygienically embedded
- our understanding where investment must be made to ensure compliance
We successfully analysed the new system, flagged up any technical insecurities advised on remedial action.
This upfront investment in time ensures that the long-term strategy is successful and any disruption is minimal.